Saturday, December 31, 2011

New Years Resolution..

Usually this time of year, I am making that New Year's Resolution that I am going to lose weight and get healthy and that last about a day until we decide to order pizza on New Years Day.  This year my New Years Resolution is to Keep Moving Forward.  That means keep doing what I am doing and making the changes that I am making a permanent part of my life.  I have started the changes over the last 2 months and I have seen results.  Now it is just a matter of realizing that this change is a constant marathon.  Even when I lose all the weight and I have ran the 5K that I made as a goal, I am still going to have to be vigilant about what I eat and how I fuel my body.  I know that putting on the weight is so much easier that taking it off. 

This journey is not about fitting in a dress or getting skinny for an event, but is about finding the healthy me and letting her out for rest of my life and never again allowing myself to fall back into the unhealthy lifestyle.  I deserve this change and I deserve to be able to be proud of myself.  I deserve to put my health first and foremost in my life.  I want to be able to go out and know that I am presenting the real me.  It is about letting go of of that overweight shell and allowing the healthy me shine. 

I am sure that on this marathon of life, there will be times that I stumble over and obstacle or find a road block in my path, but the important part is that I find away around the roadblock and get back up when I stumble.  I do not have to win this race by being the fastest to meet my goal, but instead winning for me will be the fact that I never give up and keep going for the rest of my life. 

So here is the food update, I had a smoothie for breakfast, a turkey sandwich for lunch.  I have not planned dinner yet. but I will make a healthy choice. 

Happy New Years Everyone!!!

Take Care tonight and stay safe...catch you in 2012!!!

1 comment: