Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Perfumes and a Magic Mirror

I got to work this morning and after my first conference call went down and got a fat free sugar free apple cinnamon blue corn muffin.  Our receptionist got a new perfume that smelled like sugar cookies, That smell wafted through the office and stimulated my appetite. By lunchtime, I was really hungry.  So I had my large meal for lunch. It was a salmon filet, grilled veggies and fruit.  When I finished it, I was so full my stomach hurt.  I am still not hungry so dinner is going to be a granola bar.

I look in the mirror and even with 40 pounds lost I see absolutely no difference in how I look at all.  I wish I had a magic mirror like the evil queen had in Snow White.  Instead of asking who the fairest is, I would ask, "Mirror, Mirror, on the wall please show me what I look like a year from now."  I would hope that it would show me active and looking great, but I fear that it would show me the same size I am today....  I worry that the fact that I can not imagne myself looking healthy and fit is going to become a self fulfilling property.  This is me having a little pity party I guess..It to shall pass I am sure.

I hope that everyone is having a great night.

Talk to you later...

2 comments:

  1. baby steps!!! It takes time but it is so worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. there are other guages than what you see in the mirror (though I know how motivating that is). Do your clothes fit any differently? Do you have more engergy? Are you sleeping better? How about your skin and hair? And your sense of taste? Does food taste better now that you've had several weeks of low fat and salt intake? Think of those things too. Your lifestyle changes are more than just weight loss...it's life enhancing in all areas!

    ReplyDelete