Saturday, December 17, 2011

Check off the Christmas gft to myself-Weigh in day

So as you may or may not remember, a couple of weeks ago I said that  my goal was to lose 50 pounds by Christmas as a gift to myself and YES I have made my goal.  I lost 9.5 pounds this week!!!! I knew I was retaining water last week. 

So I have to tell you I saw a new doctor today to go over my weight loss progress, I see a doctor once a month.  I LOVE THE NEW DOCTOR!!! The first great MD experience I have had since I started this journey.  First she complimented me on my fabulous progress and then we talked about hormones and maybe I should get my thyroid checked again.  I have had my thyroid check several times and it always come back normal.  She asked if I have ever been told that I have cysts on my ovaries.  I told that on several occassions I have had been told that.  She said that I may have Polycystic Ovary Syndrome, which affects hormones and weight.  She said that I should try to follow up with my OB/GYN and see about being put on Metformin, which will help with the hormones that cause the cysts and will also help with weight loss because it affects insulin production.  Wow, I am so impressed, a physician that talked to me and wants to find out how she can help with my long-term weight loss.  I will make an appointment with my regular MD to discuss both issues and then probably my OB/GYN to discuss the cysts on my ovaries.   I would really like to be able to have another baby eventually. 

After the weigh in, I went to have my new contact lens checked.  I bought C a dress for church on Christmas. I left the mall as quick as possible and then stopped at Office Depot and got printer paper.  Then it was off to the grocery store and I got fresh fruits and veggies and lots of good stuff for dinner this week.

I had Kashi cereal this morning, before I left for the day.  It is time to have some lunch.  It will probably be a salad for lunch.

Total weight loss so far 51.5 pounds...OMG I am so proud of myself...I am so glad I decided it was time to make a change...

Take care and talk to you later.

2 comments:

  1. Congrat, congrats, congrats! SO very proud of you!!!
    And on a different note, I have to disagree with your Dr. I happen to have PCOS, and it's not for an OB to treat. It's not a "female" disease - it's an endocrine disease, and only an endocrinologist is qualified to test and treat. (off my soapbox now).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have decided that I am going to my regular physician to discuss both issues and requesting a referral to an endocrinologist for both. I should have a full physical anyway and my MD is pretty good about referrals.

    ReplyDelete