Monday, December 5, 2011

What is with airlines and nuts...

This is my week in LA....I got to the airport this morning and got the honor of being selected for the random full pat done and getting my hands wiped down and tested for explosives.. Nothing like starting a morning with getting your boobs felt up.   I got to the gate and was waiting.  I did not get the upgrade to First Class so I was organizingwhat I would need at my seat for the trip. I bought a Coke zero at the airport for when I woke up thristy because lord knows in coach they are not going to bring you a drink just because you are thristy.  Then I saw the granola bar I packed in my carry on and it hit me that it contains nuts...Now I am sensitive to the fact that people with severe nut allergies can be affect just by peanut powder being in the air.  I have a friend whose child has such an allergy, CR this is for you!!.  I decided to eat my granola bar at the gate, since I was a little hungry and then went and washed my hands just in cas the person sitting next to me was such a person.

Once I was all settles on the plane they handed out the breakfast for purchase menu to the coach passengers and I was really disturbed over half of the offerings contained peanuts. I asked the attendant what they would do if someone had a severe peanut allergy on the plane and her reaction was to look at me funny and shrug her shoulders.  Peanuts are common food allergy, why has half of your offerings contain peanuts?  This should change....SO if you fly, by pass the peanuts it just might save someones life...

The flight was okay.  The seat next to me ended up being empty so I had a little room to spread out and stretch my legs.. Not quite first class but not feeling like cattle either.

Work was cray when I got there, so I ended up have another granola bar for lunch.  Dinner is a salad with grilled shrimp and balsamic vinagrette and a side of grilled veggies.

Tomorrow is another busy day and I am sure I will will barely have time to eat again, but I am looking forward to scone in the morning...I hope they have a good flavor..

talk to you later...

talk to you later..

No comments:

Post a Comment