Monday, December 12, 2011

Processed Food free day...I actually feel really good

I want to try to have one day a week where I do not eat any pre-processed foods.  So today was that day this week.  The first hurdle was not having any Coke Zero.  I don't drink coffee usually so Coke Zero is my source for caffeine but it is a totally  processed food so it was out today.  I started my morning with a peach smoothie made from plain non-fat yogurt (not sure if this is a processed food but it did not contain anything artificial so I am letting it slide) and frozen organic peaches.  A little tart but really good.  Lunch was a salad consisting of cucumbers, avocado, zucchini, and celery.  It was really good.  Dinner was an organic chicken breast which I broiled and had that with cucumber slices. 

I was expecting that I would give in a have some Coke Zero by now, but I have not! I am  just drinking water today. 

I told some the other day that I do not really consider this a diet it is more a change of my life and find myself asking: Is this food going to affect my healthy in a positive or negative way and if I find myself even thinking it would be negative than I just skip it. 

So I have set weight loss goals and shared them with you, so here is my first fitness goal.  When C starts soccer in January it will be her last season of recreational soccer.  In the fall, she wil move up to the Youth Development Program.  It is where she starts doing tournaments anyway.  One part of recreational soccer, at least on our team, is that near the end of the season we have a parents versus players game.  I have tried to play a couple times, but I am usually worn out after the first 10 minutes and hang back protecting the goal...Well since this may be her last Parents versus Players game,  I do not see that being part of YDP but I could be wrong, I want to be able to actually get out there and not feel like laying down on the field after 10 minutes.  I want to run and play.  I have got until around March.  I will let you know how it goes....

Talk to you later...

No comments:

Post a Comment