Thursday, December 8, 2011

ITS ALIVE.....ITS ALIVE....

This was the name of my lunch today...a cute play on words for the Raw Salad and Raw bread that I had for lunch.  It was actually ok, but the  raw bread was not my taste.  Breakfast was a Blueberry, Banana and Almond scone...low fat and sugar free of course.  Dinner was grilled veggies and an appetizer of crab cakes..three mini broiled crab cakes, I skipped the tartar sauce. 

So I tried a raw diet this afternoon, because I am trying to expand my healthy food experiences.  Everyine at work thought I was crazy to order it, but was was the harm.  The salad had mesclun, cucumbers, tomatoes, avacado, mushrooms, and sunflower sprouts with a passion fruit Miso dressing.  They called the "bread"  Wheatless Essence bread.  The texture of the bread was what threw me for a loop.  I found that you had to take very small bites or it would stick to the roof of your mouth and that was not good for me. 

So of the food topic, I will never understand why people want to hurt other people.  The was a shooting today at Virginia Tech and 2 people lost their lives.  When I saw the news I ran to my phone to text L to make sure her daughter was okay.  Thankfully, she was, but today some parent is grieving the loss of child through mindless violence and a family is mouring the loss of a police officer.  My thoughts and prayers go out to everyine at Virginia Tech!!

Please be nice to each other!

Talk to you later!!

No comments:

Post a Comment