Friday, November 11, 2011

Nightline Show inspires goal!! Do you think they will put me on Nightline if I do it....

So last night in my hotel, Nightline happened to come on and they were doing a segment about a woman who had a radical new surgery to lose weight.  Basically the procedure entails removing 80% of the stomach to aid in losing weight.  The woman in the story lost 130 pounds in a year post surgery, which equals out to 2.5 pounds a week.  Most diets tell you to expect an average or 1-2 pounds a week.  Here is the article about the woman if you want to read it. http://abcnews.go.com/Health/woman-loses-130-pounds-months-radical-stomach-surgery/story?id=14859458

So here is how that show inspired me, if you read my first entry on this blog I told you that a physician told me to face facts that I needed to have this type of surgery and I am determined to prove him wrong. My challenge to myself in to beat this woman's weight loss without surgery to prove to everyone that Bariatric Surgery is not always the answer.  So mark the date,  October 22, 2011,  I start on my journey to be healthy and by 0ctober 22, 2012 I want to have lost 130 pounds at least.   Question is would they do a story about me, if I do it?

Wish me luck...and I will update the blog late tonight when I get home if I am not exhausted, but here is a preview.  I had a Peach Mango No Fat- No Sugar Added Blue Corn muffin for breakfast.  Work is having a mock Iron Chef where everyone made pumpkin dishes and I am determined to resist....NO PUMPKIN PIE for me...

Talk to you later.  

1 comment: