Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy, Healthy Thankgiving!!

Happy Thanksgiving!  I have made it through the Thankgiving Meal.  Lets start off at the beginning, I had a bowl Kashi for breakfast and then it was time to start cooking.  I modified my stuffing recipe by cutting the butter and adding more chicken broth.  I used a little olive oil to sautee the onions and celery for the stuffing.  Turkey was stuffed and put in the oven to cook.  The Mash potatoes were modified by using skim milk.  Once they were mashed I separated out my serving and added a little butter for the rest of them.  The Green Bean casserole was made per the recipe, because I made a choice to forgo that side dish all together because there was no modifying the French Fried Onions.  I made crescent rolls, mainly because my daughter asked for them.

My plate consisted of a small serving of Turkey, 1/2 cup mashed potatoes, and 1/2 cup of stuffing.   No Green Bean Casserole or crescent rolls for me.  I kept some of the celery from when I was making the stuffing and had that too. I made the pumpkin Mousse last night, but I am not feeling like dessert at all.

In the spirit of Thanksgiving, I wanted to share what I am thankful for today.
 
First and foremost I am thankful for F and C.  They are the best family anyone could asked for and have been so supportive. F was very appreciative of all the hard work I went through today for him and C.   He made sure that I felt appreciated at the end when he realized how little of what I made I was actually going to eat. This includes all my extended family who always make me feel loved.

Second I am thankful for my friends both in person and on facebook.  They have been supportive and I love getting feedback. 

Third, I am thankful that is these tough economic times I am thankful for my job and my boss who allowed me to stay home this week. 

Lastly, I am thankful that I made this decision to become a healthier person before I had a serious chronic illness as a result of my weight. I am also thankful that I have this blog to share my journey with all of you.  It is so nice to have a place to share my good days and bad days.

So Happy Thanksgiving to all of you!!

Talk to you later...

1 comment: