Saturday, November 19, 2011

From the lows of yesterday to the highs of today!!

So I weighed in today,  as I reported yesterday the scale at the pulmonologist office said I loss 6 pounds but I wanted to use the same scale since scales can differ.  I got there this morning and when I got on the scale, it said that I had loss 9 pounds.  That is right 9 more pounds.  For a total of 31 pounds in one month since I dedicated myself to making the changes to my life.  I have dropped my BMI by 2 points. 

I had a protein bar in the car on the way to a birthday party today, so I would not be tempted by the pizza and cake. It worked like a charm.   C had a great time at the party, it was at a laser tag place. So now I am home and planning on making a healthy lunch for myself.

Alot people have said that I should complain about the AA from yesterday and I agree.  I am going to call monday.  While I did not let him sabotage me, thanks to my friends and family, he could well send another patient into a tailspin and that is wrong.

I keep thinking how he could have approached that conversation so differently and it would have made all the difference.  If he had said, I know you have been trying to lose weight and that you have loss 20 pounds.  Is there anything we can do to help you continue on this good path?  Then the ball, would have been in my court to say what help I needed.  If I wanted recommendation, I could have asked for them and this would have been a different conversation and that is going to be part of my complaint.

So I am going to enjoy my family for a little while and then I may blog later.

99 pounds to go and 11 months to get there to meet my goal..

Take care until then..thanks for listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment