Thursday, November 10, 2011

Can Stress make you gain weight no matter how well you eat?

I love my job but at times it is a very stressful place and this week is one of those weeks.  I worked 12.5 hours yesterday and today I had a migration from hell.  It took all day to get it migrated through the environment. We are getting ready for testing and everyone is stressed,  Even though all of this, I have managed to keep my eating healthy.  Today I had a no fat low sugar mixed berry scone and for lunch I had a smoothie and protien bar.  Dinner is going to be grilled salmon.  So even with my good choices, I am afraid that I am going to gain weight because my stress level has been so high and the body's reaction to stress in to hold on to fat in preparation for more stress.  We will see saturday, but I am not planning on a big number.

Of course I do not know what is worse, being so busy I do not have time to eat or being so bored that I may fill the time with food.  I can not wait to go home tomorrow and then I am home for a few weeks. I still have lots of work to get done but it will go quickly hopefully.  C plays her last soccer game for the season.  She always gets upset when the season is over because she loves playing so much. I am trying to plan Thanksgiviing to make the food more healthy but still have my family love it..

Tomorrow at work they are doing a take on Iron chef and people are supposed bring a dish with the mystery ingrediant.  This week it is Pumpkin...Just great that meats tons of pumpkin pies to try and tempted me...I will resist the pumpkiny goodness..

talk to you later

No comments:

Post a Comment