Sunday, November 6, 2011

It is just not worth it.....

No no the healthy eating change...were you doubting me?  I find myself saying this phrase alot when I am thinking about a food that I am "craving". Today it was a Subway Sub.  I do what I find myself doing all the time now and that is looking at the nutritional informantion for what it is that I want and deciding if it is a good choice or a bad choice.  Subway has lots of nutrition info on-line. It starts with showing you the subs calories for the 6 inch with lettuce, tomato, onions, and cucumbers, then it has a calculator function where you can change that sub both the size and bread used and add the toppings and condiments that you want to it and it will show what the calories are for your sub.  The calories I got after I made a few changes put the sub out of my comfort zone and I said "it is just not worth it". 

Last night went really well food wise not work wise. We had a  issue that extended our downtime by over an hour, which of course increased the amount of time that I had to stay up on the phone. I had a bowl with some grapes, but they did not taste that good.  So around 5 am, I was getting sleepy and so I needed something.  I had a scoop of non-fat no sugar added frozen yogurt and added a handful of Kashi Go-Lean as a topping and because it has fiber and protien too.  This really helped do two things one give me a pop of energy and keep me awake enough that when they were finally ready for me to do my part, I was not asleep.  Sadly, we did not finish until 7 am my time and just as I laid down on the couch to go to sleep. C came down the stairs saying, "Hi Mommy"..  UGH !! I have great little girl though because she could tell I was tired and said don't worry about me mommy I will watch disney. She then went back up the stairs and got me her pillow pet.  Ahh...I fell right asleep and woke up only after F got up.  Just in time for Football.  

Dinner tonight is going to frozen dinner, because F wants a rotisserie chicken from a local restaurant and I am just not into that so that F and C will eat that.  Currently getting clothes ready for my trip to CA tomorrow and preparing for another week of eating out challenges and avoiding the bad snacks on the plane. 

Talk to you later...

No comments:

Post a Comment