Thursday, November 17, 2011

325 for a slice.....ARGH

Lets start with the basics....It started with a bowl of Kashi Honey Sunshine.   Lunch was the Kashi Protien bar.  Dinner was a healthy choice frozen dinner.  F anf C had KFC.  No Mashed Potatoes or Biscuits for me....Work was good today.   Finished a Huge Project that I have been working on for about 2 months off and on.  Finished the Spreadsheet that I complained about the other night and delivered it for import.  Got 2 small projects in exchange...the list is long and seems to never end. 

So I am trying to plan for Thanksgiving in order to avoid pitfalls.  I am planning on turrkey.  No skin for me.  I am planning on making Skinny Mashed Potatoes for me and regular for F and C.  Modifying the Stuffing recipe so that I decrease the Fat there too.  F really wants Green Bean Casserole, I am going to makea small batch because C does not like it at all and there is no way to decrease the fat in the french fried onions.  I will make some crescent rolls for F and C.  I am am making an apple pie for F & C. 

So I am the only person in the whole house that loves and I mean LOVES pumpkin pie.  The smell that waft through out the house as it cooks.  The creamy texture of the pie filling.  How it looks on the plate with a dollop of whipped cream on top.   I LOVE IT!!  So I researched how many calories were in one little piece of pumpkin pie.. 325 calories and 17 grams of fat (OUCH) in 1/16 th of pie.  Ok that is more calories and fat grams then my breakfast and lunch put together.  So I am searchign for a way to get that flavor without consuming that many calories.  I have gotten some good suggestions, but if you are reading this and you have one just leave comment.  I am still trying to decide whether I am going  make anything with pumpkin this year. I am worried that if I have some and it is good I may be tempted to over do it.  I will let you know..

Other ways that I have made plans to curb the calories is to make one plate and leave the food in the kitchen.  That way once I have finished I won't be tempted to take seconds just because they are right there.  I am also planning on making a large salad and having that for my lunch around 11:00 am.  That way my stomach is nice and full before I sit at the table.

If you have any other tips to help please pass them on...

Talk to you later..

No comments:

Post a Comment