Thursday, May 31, 2012

Finding my inner beauty!

The last couple of days have been so busy between the holiday, work, C's activites, and Yoga!!.  Memorial Day was lots of fun.  F and I had some friends over for BBQ.  I made German Potato Salad, which is super yummy but not really a healthy food  F grilled steak and pork chops.  I made grilled veggies marinated in balsamic vinegar.  It had yellow squash, zucchini, peppers, broccoli, cauliflower, and onions. I wrapped it in aluminum foil and it cooked on the grill for about 30 minutes.  It was so good.  It was all I had for dinner, but I left the table feeling so good. 

Tuesday was a busy day for C, she had 2 dance classes and an extra practice for her recital.  This meant spending alot of time at the studio.  I should have eaten before I went because I was starving when I got home!!

Yesterday was a busy work day and I ate a little early and headed to Yoga.  I think I have now had a class with every Yoga instructor at the studio except one.   The class last night was great.  I found the instructor to be very focused and loved that she took the time to make small corrections in my form. I struggled with the tree pose last night for some reason I could not trust my body enough to get my leg up without feeling like I was going to fall over.  Of course today, I was able to do it...ARGH!!  but last night my focus was on not judging my body for its weaknesses.  I chose it because I find myself being too hard on my body for not looking like I want it to or not being able to see the difference these changes have made to my body.  Yesterday I had found an old picture of myself and placed a newer picture next to it and was in shock how different I look...but because I judge myself so hard I am unable to see these things with out a photo to prove it....My body is doing right by me and I need to give it the love that it deserves.  BTW, thanks to everyone that made such positive comments about the photo when I shared it on face book. 

I have three Yoga instructors that I like for different reasons...M because she was my first instructor and I encouraged me.  I miss taking those morning classes with her.  Luckily they have one tomorrow so the plan is to go.  G because he pushes me and never lets me give up and helps me to expect more from myself.  I leave his classes feeling like my butt has been kicked but I feel like I can do anything.  I am adding B to this group because she has the ability to help me find my zen. 

Today is another busy day between work and C having a dentist appointment.   I had a Vitatop Banana Nut Muffin and grapes for breakfast and Oatmeal  with a side of cucumber for lunch.    Dinner is still up in the air trying to figure out my schedule between conference calls and C's dance practice.  I was feeling my inner mommy today, so I made cookies to take to Dance for the girls.  They are working so hard....I know not a great example, but these girls work their buts off and probably burn more calories in that practice then they could ever consume.

Sorry this has been a long blog....promise not to let so much time go in between posts again.

Take Care and Talk to you later...

No comments:

Post a Comment