Sunday, May 20, 2012

I found something Kashi that I do not care for...

So I am hugs Kashi fan....I love thier cereals and cereal bars, but I found something that I do not care for at all..The Kashi Go Lean Crunch Carmel Chocolate Protien bar.  I was very hopeful that at 150 calories and 8 grams of protien that this would hit the spot when I was craving something sweet.  Sadly, the choclate had that oily coating flavor that put me off.  The rest tasted like weak carmel popcorn.  Just not my cup of tea...

The sleepover did not happen because mainly the children while telling C all week how much they were looking forward to it seemed to have forgotten the important step of actually asking thier parents or showing them the invitation.  So the evening ended with some 8 year heartbreak...This led to us having time in the morning to go through all of C's clothes to put aside  do not fit any more to donate Goodwill.  After 4 garbage bags full of clothes for good will and small bag of uniform skirts and tops that we are donating to the school, the status was that we needed to go shopping for some summer clothes.  School ends for C on Wednesday and her summer break begins.  

I had an avocado for breakfast, the Kashi protien bar and grapes for lunch, and dinner was an adventure.  After shopping for summer clothes for C, it was after 5:00 pm and F and C were hungry.  I was slightly hungry, but did not really want to eat. out, but F and C both did, so we decided on Brava and I said that I would just have some diet soda....This solution was not sitting well with F...he wanted me to be able to enjoy something as well..So I asked if I could just get a side of Grilled Asparagus made with no butter, and if oil was being used to make sure it was very lightly brushed.  I got about 7 spears of grilled Asparagus for 4 dollars.  F had Veal Marsala and C had Chicken Alfredo.  I managed to resist the bread and oil dipping sauce.   Which brough up the discussion of our upcoming vacation to Germany,  I am scared that with all the good foods, that I am going to go hog wild!!!  I was asking F and C to be a major support.  C quickly said that she would, but I coudl tell F is struggling with this, because he loves seeing me enjoy the wonderful delights that his mom makes with lots of love for us.  I can tell that it will be about a day into our trip before he is going to be saying things like...."just have a taste"....He admits that is probably true and said you just need to figure out how much exercise you need to do to offset it...So I need to plan really well...

Well I fly out of town tomorrow, so I need to pack and chill with my husband!!

Talk to you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment