Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Being good....

I am amazed when people say that they admire my ability to resist temptations...I do not think that they realize that almost every day is a challenge that I am thankful to make it through.  I am tempted all the time to give in and just have something that looks or smells good.  It is only my desire to be around for a long time that keeps me from giving in.  My family is so important to me and I do not want to leave them a moment earlier than I absolutely have to because every moment with them is precious to me.  Today was one of those major temptation days. 

I had a low fat, no sugar apple scone for breakfast.  Lunch was my challenge time, because my team wanted to order food from a local place called Jerry"s Deli.  The supposedly have the best French Dip sandwich, which I love!!  But the french roll, beef, cheese, and aus jus with french fries would be my calories for the week.  I do not want to be the wet blanket that always says no to new places because they are challenge, so after searching the menu forward and back, I decided on the chopped salad with turkey.  It had lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, scallions and turkeywith a balsamic vinagrette . I made sure that I said minus the cheese and Garbanzo beans.  I sat at the table watching the two 20 year old guys that have probably never had an issue with thier weigh eat the French Dip sandwiches whiloe I mentally salivated over them.  Internally, I was raging with jealousy, but I hid it well.  When I got back to the hotel, I had some oatmeal, since I was not really hungry and could not face eating out for a 3rd time in one day. 

Tomorrow is going to be another challenging day, one of the 20 year olds is leaving our project so we are taking him out to lunch and we are going to another local place that has the best burgers.  I of course am already exploring the menu trying to pick out what I can eat, so I do not walk in there hungry and get something on a whim that is really not good for me.

This eating healthy and sensible is hard work!! 

Talk to you later...Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment