Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Security blankets, fears, food and family!!

I have been thinking about how I can show the weight that I lost on my blog with out showing a picture of myself, sorry just not ready to do that yet.  So once I get home for LA this week be prepared for a picture. 

I was flying today...I usually fly on mondays but the ticket was super expensive for this week if I flew on Monday, so I got an extra day at home and flew today.  This flight was the first time that I did not have the seat belt extender in my pocket when I got on the plane.  I have not needed for over a month, but I have been carrying just in case!!!  The last time I flew I was able to tighten the seat belt several inches so I felt safe giving up my security blanket.   It was so freeing.  I also noticed a difference in the people that sit next to me.  It is amazing how I no longer see the eye roll when they see me instead I get the friendly hello.  It could be that I am no longer uncomfortable squeezed into a seat but comfortable with myself.   I am actually looking forward to the trip to Germany this year and that has not happened in awhile.  Now I just need to conquer my fear of the airplane bathroom.  I tend to avoid drinking alot on a plane for the fear that I would have to go into that small tin can that they call a bathroom and some how get stuck!!  It is that urban legend that is my worse fear.

Speaking of Germany, I am really looking forward to going because while I am super loved by all of my in-laws, I know that they will love the changes that I am making.  I am hoping that along with the weight loss that I can increase my athletic ability enough to be able to handle all the walking and exercise that is just a natural part of being in Europe. As much as I am looking forward to it there is also a deep fear that the wonderful food will be a downfall.  My Mother-in-Law A is a fabulous cook and makes so many wonderful dishes that so tempting.  Not to mention all the wonderful breads and meats.   These are not thngs that I indulge in often anymore, like rolls, pretezels, and sausages.  I do not want my eating restrictions to influence what the rest of family eats and I do not want anyone to feel uncomfortable around me.  I am strong enough to make the right choices, but I am not sure I am strong enough to handle feeling like what and how much I eat being a topic of conversation. 

Today I had a Kashi bar after I woke up on the plane.  Lunch was a fabulous chooped salad containing lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, and shredded chicken with a Balsamic Vinegrette.  I had them leave off the cheese.  Dinner was some oatmeal and half a Kashi bar. 

Life is good...

Take Care!!

No comments:

Post a Comment