Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Lab Results....not sure what is going on..

I had a peach mango low fat, no sugar scone for breakfast.  I was working the day away anf had just finished my noon meeting and looked at my cell phone and saw that my doctors office had called.  So I called back and finally got to talk to a nurse.  She told me that my cholesterol was normal and so were my triglycerides, but that my good cholesterol is low...I know I need to exercise.   Then she told me that my hormone, TSH, and cortisol levels are normal., but that my vitamin D level was extremely low and the MD was calling in a prescription for a high dose supplement that I have to take once a week for 8 weeks and have my level rechecked.  I also had blood in my urine, so she want to repeat that test.  So I hung up before I thought to ask for her to also order the Glucose Tolerance test I wanted in addition. My mind is reeling trying to figure out how I could have an extremely low vitamin D level.  I go outside and get sun light.  So what is a girl with a computer to do, that is right start the google search.....Not a good idea!!!!

So now I am sitting in LA swearing that I either have Renal Failure or Lupus...I am kicking back and forth in my head whether to call the office tomorrow and have them add the test that I want since I have to go back to the Lab anyway on Friday.

Lunch was a Kashi bar, and Dinner a salad with 4 grilled Shrimp on it and side of grilled veggies.  I even had some bread with dinner.  It was my splurge, since it smelled so good, but I did not add butter.   I ate my grilled veggies first and then a little bread and then the shrimp.  I had some salad, but my stomoach was saying it was full. so I only at half of it.

Trying to turn my mind off...I can not do anything about these lab results right now and worrying is not good for me...

Talk to you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment