Sunday, January 15, 2012

I lost my daughter...

No not reallybut in terms of weight loss yes...My daughter C is a very healthy 8 year old who weighs 63 pounds.  So I have more than lost her in terms of my weight loss. She is perfectly in preportion for her height.  I credit this to one breast feeding when she was an infant and the fact that I made my own baby food when she was a baby.  So there were no additives or chemicals in fruits and vegetables, when she was introduced to food.  I would go to the store and buy fresh vegetables and boil them and then puree them.  I also credit this to her love of vegetables and fruits.  She claims to like sweet things but typically she will have a couple of bites and then throw the sweet away.  I used to fuss thinking of the food that she is throwing away, butI realized that mental part of weight problem was the "empty plate" syndrome that I grew up with.  You know those parents that said "you have to finish everything on you plate".  When C tells me that she is no longer hungry, I do not force her to eat more.  She is very in tune with her body and yes this means that she eats more frequently in smaller portions but as long as she makes healthy choices for those portions I am happy with that existence. 

Meanwhile I think part of weight issue is that mentality of cleaning my plate which I have to think about when eating.  If I go to a restaurant, I was likely to finish everything, even if it meant that I felt stuffed and uncomfortable.. So I have to change that mind set and realize when my body is telling me "Enough!!  you are full!!!.

Breakfast was some oatmeal and I have not had lunch yet..

Side note I am sad that Saints lost last night, but that was a good game!!  S in Virginia is happy that 49ers won...so I am happy for her....

Talk to you later.

1 comment:

  1. Is it sad that I wanted the Saints to win because I like their colors? And even more sad that my home team of Greenbay lost, and I didn't watch (or care).
    Alas...I know what you mean about cleaning your plate. It's how we were raised...by parents of Depression survivors, and it was insulting to NOT eat until your plate was clean. It took me years, and it still amazes me when I push a plate away because "I'm full".
    Keep it up, honey. You're doing an amazing thing - something most people couldn't do, even though their lives depend on it.

    ReplyDelete