Monday, January 16, 2012

My life depends on this..

It is one of those things that I have come to realize.  This change I am making is something that could mean the difference between life or death.   I am (still at this point but hopefully not for long) morbidly obese.  I was and still am carrying way to much excess weight. I was lucky though, because whether it was stubborn genes or just me being lucky at russian roulette, I was walking a high wire without a net and did not fall off.   I never had high blood pressure, diabetes, or cardiac issues, my cholesterol was normal.  The only effects the weight had on my was lack of energy and getting worn out when trying to do physical activity.   Only the powers that be know how far away I was from developing one of these horrible issues, but I am thankful every day that it did not take almost dying for me to wake up and say, "No More!!  It is time to change!!"  Until I get every pound of this excess weight off my body, I am still walking that tight rope and the only good news is that with every pound I lose I am weaving that safety net to catch me.  So falling back on old bad habits is not an option for me, because if I do I am signing my death certificate and it might not happen tomorrow, next week or next year, but eventually those bad habits will catch me and I will leave behind a beautiful little girl, a fabulous husband, and wonderful friends and family.  This is not a diet, it is a decision that means the difference between life and death. 

I wanted to share a picture I saw on face book that spoke to me..




Just something to think about as you go through those fast food restaurants.

So I am in Cali this week, I flew in this morning and slept most of the way on the plane.  I had a Kashi bar for breakfast and salad for lunch.  For dinner, I had a salad with tomatoes, avocado, and a small amount of boiled lobster with a light vinagrette with a side of Broccolini.  I asked for the salad to not have the bacon or cheese that came on it.  It was really good. 


Well that is it for tonight.

Talk to you later...Take care and be healthy...

No comments:

Post a Comment