Monday, January 30, 2012

A new milestone...

This may be hard for someone that has never been obese to understand but airline traveling is not fun when you are obese.  You worry about so many things as they run through your head.  The worst thing for me was the moment you sit in the seat and grab the seat belt and the two ends won't meet, because that means that an embarassing conversation with the airline attendant will follow.  The one where you trying not to announce to the world that you are so overweight that you need the extender.  It never fails though that they make you repeat it several times and then make a point of flashing to what seems like the whole plane before they hand it to you.  My solution was to get my own so I never had to ask, but that meant that I had to make sure that I had it when I traveled...not fun.  Well todaywas the end of that!!!  I did not get upgraded today and was in coach and I grabbed thouse two pieces of fabric and pulled them towards each other and heard that click at the two metal ends met and locked.  Not only did they meet but it as loose, so I grabbed that belt and tightened it...and the extender stayed in bag unused as I traveled across the country. I celebrated my accomplishment silently for a couple of seconds and then promptly fell asleep....

I hwoke up just in time to have one of non peanut based Kashi bars before we landed and then it was off to work.  The guys I work with wanted to have italian for lunch so I declined and got a salad and had a Kashi bar for lunch.  Dinner was a salad with boiled lobster.  It was super good. 

Now I am exhausted and ready to go to bed.

Talk to you later...

No comments:

Post a Comment