Saturday, March 3, 2012

I will survive this go live...

Yesterday my shift started at 11:00 pm and when I got there I was glad that I brought some healthy snacks with me, since obviously healthy snakcs are going to be few and far between.  At midnight, they ordered pizza and the aroma was permeating the room, but I resisted and did not partake.  The snack table consists of chips, candy, and cookies.  Around 2:00 am I had a Kashi bar that brought to help resist the snack table.  At 4:00 am they brought out the only healthy snack I had seen, some madarin oranges and I had one of those.  At 7:30 they delivered the "non-hot" breakfast, which was pastries and some mixed fruit.  I had some fruit which was not that great.  I asked for some hot water, since there was no microwave, so I could make some of the oatmeal that I had packed.  Sadly it never arrived though the "hot breakfast arrived an hour later with eggs, bacon, sausage, and hashbrowns.  I did not partake of any and decided to just wait it out until my shift was over.   When I left at 11:00 am, I went to the local coffee shop and got  non-fat no sugar peach mango oat bran muffin and ate it while I waited for a cab to take me back to the hotel. 

I got the hotel and went to sleep. I woke up 2 hours later and had a glass of V-8 juice and crashed again.  Now it is 9:00 and I need to eat dinner.  Luckily I have a Weight watcher meal in my freezer in my room that I am cooking up.  It is turkey breast with vegetables.  I also cut up an avocado that I bought the other day.  

I am watching TV before I take a shower and head back to bed.  I have to be back in the morning at 6:00 am.  Breakfast is going to be the eggs, bacon, sausage, hash brown thing again, so I am planning on just having a Kashi bar for Breakfast.  I am planning on taking some veggies that I have in my fridge here and cutting them up for lunch tomorrow.  Since I have seen the menu and it consist of sandwiches from a with mayo and such.  I have found that my body does not really like white breads at all.  When I have white bread, it is usually followed by my stomach hurting and feeling bloated.  I do not have that issue if I have a whole wheat bread, but usually the sanwiches are on crossiants or white rolls. 

Go-live is going really well and our team is surviving well.

Take care and talk to you later.

Wish me luck on avoiding the snacks tomorrow....

No comments:

Post a Comment