Wednesday, August 8, 2012

It is expensive to eat healthy and EARTHQUAKE!!!

I know I have said this before but it really is expensive to eat healthy!!!  I had a  black cherry peach no fat no sugar blue corn muffing this morning. I had basically back to back meetings this morning, but during the one short break that I had...my desk began to shake and the floor began to quake and it lasted for a short while....I asked what was THAT??  It was an earthquake my co-workers said quite non chalantly.  REALLY??!!! I do not like that feeling at all!!! I tried to just calm down..and luckily I had another meeting to go to in order to distract me. 

We went out as a group to lunch to celebrate my co-worker S's Birthday.  We went to a new restaurant about 2 blocks from our office.  It was a gorgeous restaurant.  I ordered the Roasted Asparagus for $9 and a small Salad for another $11 dollars and with my Diet coke my lunch total was $26 dollars.  Meanwhile some of my co-workers got mice hamburgers or the Farro, lentil, Mushroom burger with fries or a salad for around the same price.  As I sat there munching my 5 spears of Asparagus and my salad I could not help thinking we are paying the same price and they are getting twice as much food.  Is my lettuce and asapargus really that much more expensive???  The craziest part is that I could have bought food for C, F, and I at McDonald's for the same amount of money....That is just crazy to me.

Dinner was a cereal bar, a tomato, and some cherries.  I am so glad that I can afford to buy fresh fruits and vegetables. 

Well...here is praying that I do not feel anymore shaking and quaking tonight!!

Talk to you later!!! Take Care..

No comments:

Post a Comment