Thursday, August 2, 2012

I did a Full Bow!!!



I went to my fifth yoga class in five days.  I had one of those moments tonight that I can use to prove to myself that I am stronger and better for going on this weight loss journey and the impact that yoga has had on my body.  When I started Yoga I could not do a Half  Bow.  That is where you are laying on the floor you bend your leg and reach back with your hand and grab your ankle.  A couple of months ago I was finally able to do the half bow, but the Full Bow NO WAY!! Well tonight, I did the half bow and when it was time to try the full bow and reached back and what happened....My hand met my ankle and I suddenly I was in FULL BOW!!!  We held it for a little while as I shouted in my head, I DID IT!!!  MY BODY HAS GAINED THE ABLITY TO DO IT!!!   So just in case you have no clue what I am talking about and can not visualize it...This is what it looks like!!



I am sure that I did not look as effortless as person looks, but I did it and I held it!!!


Earlier in the day, I stopped by C's school to pick up the AfterCare registration form for this school  year and when the school secretary that also runs the after care program came out of her office, she saw me and her mouth dropped open and she said "C's Mom????"  I said "Yeah"   She came around the counter to hug me and tell me how great I look.    She then asked me how I did it...  I love sharing my story!!  I promised to send her the link to my blog, so I can not forget to do that!!!

So Food today was a Vita-Top Blueberry Oat muffin and some tomato.  Lunch was another Vita-Top and some cherries.  Dinner came after yoga and was some chicken and vegetable and some cucumber. 


I am watching the Olympics right now so I am going to end this blog and watch these athletes excel!!

Talk to you later!! Take Care!

No comments:

Post a Comment