Thursday, August 23, 2012

I have got to learn how to take a compliment

I suck at taking a compliment about how I look.  For one, I am not used to it yet and second I don't really believe it or I take it the wrong way.,....

Here is how the day of compliments began....I go to the hotel lobby to catch my cab for work and the valet from the hotel opened the cab door for me and as I am getting in made a point of telling how good I looked and then said "don't lose much more you look great right now."   I thanked him, but the whole cab ride to work I am thinking, is he blind I need to lose at least 70 more. I know, I know not the way to think right!!

Then I was in a meeting at work and a co-worker I have not seen in months comes up to me after the meeting and tells me how she saw my name on the agenda and was looking around for me.  When I started talking she said she was shocked...I did not even look like the same person anymore.  I am thinking there are still some days when I do not see the difference. 

 Then I was outside and ran into someone else that I had not seen in months and she asked "did you have the surgery to lose the weight?"  You look so great....I told her no that I changed my relationship with food and exercise and made the life changes...Her response "are you sure?"  I am thinking"no I forgot that I went under the knife and had a majority of my stoomach taken away.....ARGH!!  Like I am going to lie about how I lost my weight!! 

The day ended withone of the admins at work,who is always telling me how good I look, asked me what my total was up to and I told her 154 and she started telling that I am an inspiration to her to make the changes too and who should walk up and she is elling what an inspiration I am....the Director of my department that I have not really had any interaction with and the director asks, "Why is she inspiring" so the the admin starts telling her my story and the director says, "Wow that is inspiring, but that is really quick to lose that much weight."  I was thinking it is not like I am starving myself or exercising until I vomit the weight is just coming off...


So that is my story....I need to learn to just say thanks and take them for compliments...RIGHT??

I did talk to guy at lunch at my work that does yoga and is trying out studios near our office and he promised to tell me if he found a good studio.

I had a banana blueberry muffin nonfat and sugar free muffin for breakfast.  A salad for lunch. Dinner was a weight watcher microwave meal because I do not feel like going out and since I was at the grocery store I picked up a tomato and some cherries to have for dessert.

Tomorrow is a travel day..and I can not wait to be home. 

Talk to you later....take care...

No comments:

Post a Comment