Sunday, April 29, 2012

Yoga....OMG that was intense

I went to yoga this morning since I am looking for replacement classes for my ones that got cancelled.  I arrived at the studio 5 minutes before class and there was an empty parking lot..I walked in and there stood a very handsome, shirtless guy gleaming with a sheen of sweat.  I went into the studio set up my map and started stretching and in walks the guy and introduces himself and tells me that he is teaching the course.  We wait around for others to show but no one does.  He then procedes to tell me that he is a triathlete, and I totally believe it with his body and that since I was the only person he was going to give me a one on one class.  Great, I think and then he began and even though I had told him my story he did not take it easy on me. This guys was like a trainer on the biggest loser making sure that I did every move and not letting me rest at all.  I did a lot of plan moves today and he made me hold them and then when I felt like I could not hold it anymore I had to slowly lower myself down to the floor.  No dropping from exhaustion!  He also had me get in full lotus postion and do some extraordinary stretches.  He also made sure that when I exhaled that I was tightening my abdominal muscles.  At the end of the class as I laid there breathing and trying to relax all of those muscles that I stressed and stretched.  He came over and lifted each of my limbs and stretched and lightly massage them and pressed on pressure points to further the relaxing aspects.  That part was great....  I left the class feeling good, but well worked out!!

I had avacodo and grapes for lunch.  I had some low calorie sweet and sour chicken for lunch and then headed to music festival with F to enjoy some music and lots of walking.  I enjoyed all the music and the walking was hard with my muscles feeling sore from yoga. Besides being out in the heat made me slightly dehydrated which led to a migraine.  I had a Kashi bar at the festival, but I think with all the walking and yoga this morning had depleted me further.  I had some more sweet and sour chicken when I got home to help with the headache. I also made sure that I hydrated myself once home. 

Take care!!!

Talk to you later!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment