Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Dr. Oz strikes again!!

Sorry I have been busy spending time with my family, but I am flying out tomorrow night..  YUCK!! We have a practice for our go-live and I have to be on site. I went out with F last night. Today was another busy work day.  I had Kashi Oatmeal for breakfast.  It is very high in fiber, but not nearly as yummy as the Oat Revolution Oatmeal that I have grown to adore.   Lunch was salad.  Dinner was a chicken breast and vegetables. 

So I was watching TV today and Dr. Oz was on.  He tends ot have lots of shows about losing weight and healthy eating.  Yesterday he was talking about Raspberry Ketones, which is supposed to aid in weight loss.   I am actually tempted to try it.  Today's show was obese women, who want to not only be obese but want to gain more weight.  These women were extreme to say the least, one woman was proud that on the flight to the studio that she needed not one but two seatbelt extenders.  These woman have websites and people pay to watch them eat. As I listened to them I was shaking my head.  I was never proud of being overweight.  I think the part that struck a cord with me though was when one of these women said, "I am healthy, I do not have diabetes, high blood pressure, or any of the other weight related issues that they say are caused by obesity"  I found myself saying to the TV," absent of disease is not a sign of health!!"  Then it hit me, I used to say the same things, like the fact that my cholesterol was in the normal ranges meant that I was fine. But the fact of the matter is, if my daughter needed help would I be able to run up a flight of stairs, or run across a park, or run any where for that matter.  I was not able to climb the moutain in Germany to go sledding with my daughter.  I blamed the asthma, but it was also my wait.  I missed that opportunity to slide down the mountain on a sled with her.   I could not go skiing, or bungee jump, or jump out of plane.  When we went to Disney World, a couple of years ago I was worried if I would be able to ride certain rides, so I just avoided them .  I was missing out on the fun parts of life!! No more! I want to be able to be there and have fun with my daughter and husband.

Talk to you all later...

No comments:

Post a Comment