Thursday, February 9, 2012

Another plane story

Flying is always an adventure..so yesterday I flew to LA for a day and half on site.  I took the evening flight so I could be a work early for some meetings.  I managed to get a seat in row 8, near the front of the plane.  So after first class and the preboards had boarded, I got on the plane and got to my row and saw that one of the pre-boards was in the aisle seat.  A nice guy, who was paralyzed from the waist down.  This meant that I had to do the ungraceful climb over him to get to my window seat.  Grateful that I have lost almost 80 pounds so that my butt was not totally in his face, I settle in my seat and it hits me.  I am going to be the last person off this flight, because unless I am willing to do the repeat climb over performance, I am going to have to wait for the wheelchair to come on the plane to take him off.  Oh well, I fell asleep and woke up as we were about to land.  I waited until everyone was off the plane and then was able to exit.  I called F when I got off the plane and he asked me a great question..."So what would you have done if there had been an emergency and you had need to get off the plane quickly?'  It hits me then I would have either had to climb over the seat somehow or I would have died waiting for someone to come and rescue him....Is that even safe??? 

I had a fat free sugar free peach-mango corn muffin for breakfast and Kashi bar for lunch.  I had a salad with 4 grilled shrimp on it and a large order of grilled vegetables and slice of warm french bread for dinner.  Right now my stomach is killing me....either from the bread or the gas caused by the large amount of vegetables I just ate.  This is not fun...

I am flying home tomorrow and then I have weigh in on Saturday...Hoepfully I do not regret the slice of bread. 

Talk to you later...

No comments:

Post a Comment