Saturday, June 9, 2012

So much to share-Weigh in

Today was weigh in day and marked my 7th month on this weight loss journey.  As some of you remember I made a goal a few weeks into my weight loss journey to lose 130 pounds in a year, because a woman on Nightline was featured for a radical new weight loss surgery where they removed 80% of her stomach.  She lost 130 pounds in one year.  Well consider that goal not only met but majorly exceeded because I lost 5.5 pounds bringing my weight loss total to 132.5 pounds in SEVEN months...that is 5 months before my goal. 

So the next part of this is the hard part to write because it means writing in black and white for the world to see how much I weighed when I started and the thought of writing that number makes me feel ashamed, because it shows how totally out of control I was before I made this decision.  Well here is goes.....I am finally in the 200's!!!  295 pounds to be exact, so for those who can do math you already know my starting weight but I have to write it and face the number in my blog and own it, because I am determined never be there ever again.  So yes that means that when I started I weighed 427.5 pounds.  It is no wonder that I had issues walking around and going up and down stairs.  I was truly out of control. 

I am also at the point that I am passed the halfway point in the amount of weight I wanted to lose. This is huge for me in this marathon. 

I have an appointment with my pulmonologist this friday and I am looking forward to going and feel like confronting the jerk Dr. that talked about "people like me".  I am planning on asking to see him if he is in the office, so I can confront him and let him see the truth about "people like me"!!! 

Time to hang with the family and enjoy some down time....

Talk to you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment