Thursday, June 14, 2012

I am NOT a dance mom.....and looking forward to tomorrow!!

My life this week can be described in one word, "CRAZY"!!!!  Monday started off really nicely. C had soccer camp this week, so I dropped her off and F picked her up and brought her home.  We had dinner and chilled out.  I went my monday night Yoga class with G and then F and I went out for our date night.  We got home around 1:00 am and F was off to bed while I tried to wind down.  At 3:00 am, the world got turned around when C came into the Living room saying her tummy and throat hurt.   I took her temperature and it was 103.7  CRAP!!!! No soccer camp on Tuesday!!  Instead I got no sleep watching over C since she has been known to have febrile seizures.  Not long after the Tyelnol was on board, C started throwing up, which is typical of her when she has a fever.  Great!!  I called the Peditrician first thing in the morning to get an appointment and worked while C slept in the recliner.  The strep test was negative, so the MD gave me an RX for Zofran to help with the vomitng and an RX for an antibiotic in case the fever did not go away and I noticed pus on her tonsils.  Once the Zofran was working she was able to keep liquids down was able to keep the tyelnol and motrin down.  Eating was squeezed in in between being a nurse to my little angel.

Yesterday, she woke up again at 3:00 am and the fever was back but not as bad.  This meant more tyelnol and motrin.  Luckily, the fever broke during the day, so we were able to go to the mandatory stage rehearsal for her dance recital on Sunday. 

I had a Kashi bar for breakfast that day and oatmeal for lunch.  I had to leave for stage rehearsal at aroun 4:30 which meant no dinner before I left because it was just too early for me.  I got there and C was doing fine.  This brings me to my Dance Mom discussion.  For those who have never seen the show it is basically a bunch of crazy moms and a dance teacher that seems to enjoy torturing the little girls that dance for her.   The dance teacher yells, screams, and in this weeks episode throws chairs, while the mothers back stab, whine, complain, and yell right back at the teacher.  Meanwhile the poor children are stuck in the middle of all this craziness, just trying to dance and have fun.  I know I should not watch this show, but darn it, it really is a guilty pleasure.   I pride myself on NOT being that kind of mom. I think that any child that gets up on that stage is fabulous!  I love watching them show thier talents and skills.  The part I do not love is watching even our mom's act and say not so nice things not only about each other, the dance teacher, and even the children.  It is really, really, annoying and leads to me looking forward to getting out of the building. Luckily I have J and group of Moms like us that all kind of hang together.  Some having wine to make it through the 3 to 4 hours of stage rehearsal.   C has a solo this year because she is the cover girl for the recital.  The Moms I hang with all said that she did such a nice job.  But I heard one mom make a comment that the choreography was really easy, and if her child was cover girl it would be better..I just ignored her but I wanted to smack her!!!   In addition, one parent was yelling at the teacher, while others were whining about the program.  In all, the children were much better behaved then the moms and that is sad....When did this type of behavior become the norm?!! We left rehearsal around 9:30,  when I got home and had a light dinner of chicken and veggies. I proceeded to pass out on the couch!!!  Totally Exhausted from lack of sleep and lack on yoga and crazy work and worrying about C and F. 

This morning, the sun rose and C felt great again.  No antibiotics needed.  She went to Soccer camp this morning.  F went to work.  I had Oatmeal for breakfast and a Kashi bar for lunch!  I was able to work in peace and quiet until 3:00 pm when the thunderstorms rolled in, so C had to be picked up and F could not leave at that moment, so I had to drive back out to camp.  I finished my work up with C watching Disney.  I made F and C dinner. It was pouring and storming out, so I was not lookng forward to driving to Yoga and thought ok I will just skip tonight since it is not one of my favorite teachers.  Then I read P's facebook post about going to Boot Camp and it hit me the face. No Excuses, rain or shine your body needs this time.  Thanks P I needed the motivation.  Yoga was hard because it was just me, the instructor and the the instructor's wife, so I was strugling with poses I am sure they are much more used to doing, like penguin.  My hips and thighs were begging for mercy!!  In the end, I felt so good that I had gone and given my body what it needed!!!  I came home and had some low fat teriakyi chicken, so yummy. 

I am ssssoooooo looking forward to tomorrow.  I am going to the pulmonologist!!!!  I am so hoping I get to see the jerk tomorrow, but just the thrill of standing on that scale knowing that I have proven him wrong, will be enough for me!!!  My appointment is at 3:00 pm, so expect an early blog!!  I have been practicing in my head exactly what I am going to say and how I am going to phrase things. 

Well I am sure you are tired of reading and I am want to actually spend time with F since I have seen so little of him over the last 2 days. 

Take care and talk to you tomorrow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment