Friday, June 15, 2012

He was not there today...what a disappointment

SO I was all psyched as I sat in the examining room waitng for the resident to come in and when she did she did a double take at the door and said "Mrs.  W........ is that you?!!!"  I confirmed it was indeed me as she quickly logged into the computer to see my latest weight.  She said "Wow"  I used that moment to say., "Well I did tell you last time I was here that I was actively making a lifestyle change, but you and  Dr. A...totally discounted my words as he lectured me about "people like me"  needed....Speaking of which is he here today because I really want to talk to him?"  She said, "Well we hear that from lots of patients and when they come back we don't see the change, but you are obviously the exception.  No Dr. A is not here today sorry."  We talked about the asthma for a little bit and she said that I seemed to be doing much better.  When she went to get the Attending working today, she said, "Be prepared, he is probably going to ask you how you lost the weight because he has been trying to lose weight himself." 

When the Dr. came in he made small talk and then did ask what I was eating and doing to lose the weight.  I told him I would share with him, if he promised to give a message to his colleague.....and here is where I became a little mean...."Can you tell him that you saw me and that I looked so good and that I wanted him to know that he is the worse kind of physician because he does not listen to his patients and thinks he can motivate by demoralizing them.  Please tell him that on behalf of "people like me",  I said that he should "Listen to his patients or get the fuck out of direct patient care".  The residents mouth fell open and the Dr. looked at me like I had grown another head, but I calmly turned and told him how I choose the food that I eat and the things that I avoid eating. He tried to recover after I had finished and we talked about decreasing some of my asthma medications.  As the appointment was ending, he asked what his colleague had said to me to get me so angry.  I relayed the story and then he looked at the Resident as if to ask, "is this true?"  and she simply nodded her head.   I stood up and walked out the door, saying "See you 4 months...make sure you give him my message!!!"

And that my dears was my wonderful MD appointment.  I so wish he would have been there, but hopefully he gets my message loud and clear!!!

Talk to you later!!! Take care!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment