Sunday, June 24, 2012

I am frustrated at the food and agriculture industry

First things first, I stayed the same this week..I expected it with all the stress that has been in my life...so I will see how I do next week....

My car would not start when I got home...and it was late in the day before we were able to jump it and get it started.  After driving around for a while I went grocery shopping. got lots of fruits and veggies and then so stuff for C's camp lunches next week and other odds and ends.

This morning I was craving one of the avocados I bought yeasterday for 88 cents a piece and even though it had the right firmness when I cut it it open it was rotten inside...NOT HAPPY!!  Considering that fresh fruits and vegetables are expense in comparison to their over processed counterparts, it is frustrating that there is not better quality control.  Eating healthy should not be too expensive to do! 

Luckily I had bought more than one so I was able to enjoy one anyway...Lunch was a Kashi bar and some cherries.  I love cherries but they are probably one of the most expensive fruits out there these days. 

Dinner was Teriakyi Chicken and brown rice. 

My frustrations are things like...Why is buying a cereal that contains less sugar more expensive than the full sugar version?  F and C like Frosted Flakes...they have a reduced sugar version but it is almost a dollar more for a smaller box  Why???  

Why can't we label meats where the animals have been fed antibiotics like the europeans do?  That way we can make informed choices about what we eat?

Just some things to think about?

Take care..and talk to you later...

No comments:

Post a Comment