Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Time to catch up...Hurricane, family visit, and back to work and looking ahead to the big 4-0

So I left off with a storm blowing into town and preparing for no power and it is a good thing that I prepared because we were without power for 4 days that I was home.   I had lots of Kashi bars and at night we would plug in the generator and I would have a weight watcher frozen dinner cooked in the microwave.  When I was at the breaking point, it was time for me to fly to Portland for a planned visit to see my Grandmother who is 95.  I stayed with Uncle D and G and I could not have asked for better hosts that took care of C and I while visited. 

It was so nice to see everyone and to feel comfortable in my own skin, not have that feeling like everyone was biting their tongue not to say something about how out of control my weight was because they did not want to hurt my feelings.  I loved Portland and seeing the town.  Beyond the party filled with relatives that I have not seen in forever, I got to see a little of Portland as we went to the Saturday Market and walked around.  It was so good to be able to walk around and not feel tired and sluggish.  I am so blessed that I made this decision to get healthy.

Luckily while I was gone we got power back.  I had felt so guilty leaving F behind in a house with no power.  I got in around 9:00 pm monday and it was a quick turn around of unpacking, laundry, and repacking to fly out to Los Angeles for work on Tuesday.  C is still out of school, but luckily we have established a great support system so F is able to go to work without dealing with having an 8 year old with him.

I am turning 40 on Sunday, my goal is to be at 160 pounds lost for my birthday present to myself. What better present is there than to be healthy and it is a gift that I can only give myself.  Noone could have made this journey for me.  I had to do it and I had to make the decision almost a year ago that my health was more important than anything else I could ever want or need.  I will go and weigh in on Saturday, but whether I meet my goal or not I have made huge strides to ensuring that I have many more birthdays to celebrate with F and C by my side. I have found an inner strength that I did not know I had and has become such an intergral part of me.  While it would be tempting to go splurge on food on my birthday, instead I am planning on going to yoga.  Nothing better than a little inner peace as I go through the transitition to being 40 right? 

Well time to get some work done. 

Talk to you later....take care...

No comments:

Post a Comment