Tuesday, September 25, 2012

No runners' high for me...

I lived up to my goal for this week and went walking during C's soccer practice.  She practices at a park that has a 2 mile long track going around it.  I was tempted at first not to go because I had a headache and my thighs were sore from yoga the day before, but after 3 minutes of trying to justify to myself why I should not feel guilty about not doing what I said I would do here.  I realized that I was just making excuses like I have for years why I can't exercise, you know the "no time, just ate, too tired, so many other things to do, too late in the day etc etc....", so I stuck those earphones in my ears, turned on the music and just started power walking.  I did not know at the time that the track was 2 miles long.  I just kept going and going and going, hoping that I would hit that point were I would feel that high, but alas no such luck.  When I finished the track, I was not out of breath, though I was quite sweaty. So I guess this is my baseline power walking/running.  Now I need to work on setting goals for improving it and mixing jogging/running into the power walking.  My legs were definitely sore this morning but nothing that a little motrin could not help. 

The good news, I probably could have handled another walk around the track and since a 5K is 3.1 miles I really think I could walk one right now no problem.  But the goal was not to walk a 5K it was to RUN a 5K.  So I need to get there.  I do not think I will ever love running.  Right now I am thinking of it as being a necessary evil...does that make sense?   Not something I like to do but something I have to do for my body!! 

Eating was pretty boring yesterday, Breakfast was a Vitatop muffin and grapes, Lunch was a Kashi bar and a tomato/avocado salad (no dressing), dinner was teriakyi chicken.  I had made Chili for my family and actually made it as healthy as possible, but I did not want the red meat. 

Well time for me to work...Take Care and talk at you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment