Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Unexpected compliments are the best..

So I am LA this week and so far so good...For breakfast I had a Peach Apricot Low fat no sugar added scone this morning.  Lunch was my favorite Salmon and Grilled veggies.  Diner was more grilled veggies and a Kashi bar.  

So I wore a skirt to work for the first time today.  I had several people I work with tell me that it looked really nice.  I got out of the taxi this evening and the valet guys at the hotel told me that my shape was looking great now!!  Ahh...I think that was a come on line, but I thanked them and headed up to my room.  I stopped at the hotel restaurant to get some silverware for my dinner and the girl who works there made a point of telling me how fabulous I was looking and she asked me how much I have lost so far.  I gave her the total and one of the women at the bar said, "damn, how did you do it...I can not lose five pounds."  I talked to them for a little bit about what I have been doing and then the woman looked down at her french fries and said, "I guess you don't eat these huh."  I replied, "No".  She replied, " you are stronger than me!!"

I wish though that I felt more comfortable in my own skin sometimes...I see the flaws and the loose skin and judge myself so harshly.  I do not see the great looking person that other people see.  Why is that? 

I am looking forward to going back home and getting my yoga classes started again.  F and I are also joining a regular gym..Time to start doing some toning and cardio and starting to trian from that 5 K I want to run. 

Well time to watch some TV and chill out. 

Talk to you later. 

1 comment:

  1. Auntie you are always fabulous! Your my inspiration to lose weight! I'm joining a gym and cutting out all that icky fast food cutting back on sweets and pop... well except chocolate that's my guilt pleasure.

    ReplyDelete