Thursday, July 26, 2012

Have I been wearing an invisibility cloak?

For years I have felt invisible to the most of the outside world except my friends and family.  You know that person that is not attractive enough to garner any attention on the street.  No men turning their heads as I walk on by to check me out.  Like I was Harry Potter wearing his invisbility cloak to sneak off the grounds of Hogwarts...but in the last couple of days I have been feeling like I took that cloak off and it feels nice.  I have noticed little things like walking across the plaza at work and some guy waiting for me to get there to open the door.  I had a guy stop and try to start a conversation with me.   I had a girl that has never spoken to me before at work make a point this morning of telling me that she really liked the dress I wore at work yesterday.   I noticed that my strides are a little longer.  I stand a little taller.  Since I have taken the cloak off I do not ever intend to put it back on. 

My food today was pretty good.,...I had a no fat, no sugar added peach mango blue corn muffin for breakfast.  I had a chopped salad with lettuce, cucumber, peppers, shredded chicken and avocado.   Dinner tonight is oatmeal and some fresh strawberries.  

I spent some time today looking at some clothing store websites that I would love to shop at and noticing that I should fit into their XL.  That is a long way from where I was in October on the verge of being too big to get clothes from Lane Bryant!  I fly home tomorrow and I am looking forward to being back with F and C and most of all being able to get back into the Yoga routine.

Well talk to you later and take care. . 

No comments:

Post a Comment