Monday, October 24, 2011

Do not tell me I can't do it!!

So here is how this how this mission started, I know I need to lose weight and get healthy so being a medical person I went to a doctor for advice and this idiot, yes he was an idiot, says "You just need to face facts you need to have a gastric bypass"  I sat there in shock, thinking you do not know me how can you say this me as I felt transported back to those days when my self-esteem was lower than low.  Listen, I have nothing against bariatric surgery, it is just not something I would consider doing.  Yes, I am over weight but I am not looking for a quick fix, I do not want to surgically alter my body to lose weight. I do not want to affect my body's ability to absorb and digest nutrients naturally.  I have the drive to make a change without such extreme measures.   I walked out of his office and made the committment to myself to prove him wrong. I am going to get healthy!  So my journey begins! I will talk about the challenges that I have along the way and I am sure there will be a few considering I am traveling consultant that lives in a hotel room every other week so I have to eat out alot and when I am home I am busy doing remote work and have a very active daughter that has activites almost every night of the week, which makes eating at home a challenge in itself.  But no one can tell me that I can not do it.  I will get healthy and I will be running in a 5K this time next year.  This will not be a overnight thing, but I will do it!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment