Friday, October 28, 2011

Baby Shower Torture and Airport food....

Today was adventure and struggle but I made it through the other side still going strong.  I had a no fat no sugar blueberry apricot muffin for breakfast. It was pretty good, but what can you expect from no fat no sugar... I was working all morning and then I got the pressure to go to the lunch time Baby Shower for one of the people at work.  Baby Shower is an alias for a reason to have a lot of food.  There was a ton of food all of it high fat, high calorie, tempting food. I went to the smell in the conference room was overwhelming.  I sat there for a little while chatting with some people and at least 10 people did the, "Crystal get some food" and I did the "No I am okay"  I knew in my head that this was a gateway thing for me.  If I gave in a had even a little of this yummy food, there would be no stopping me. I would load up on calories and then all the work I have done this week would have been for nothing.  I snuck out of the party and headed back to my desk and had a protien bar and got a little more work done.  I left work at 3:00 pm to fly home. Once I got through security I still had a hour left until my flight and was hungry so I decided to get something. Usually at the airport, I head for the McDonalds and get a fish filet and drink, but I am making changes right?  Besides McDonalds is my weak spot...I love their fries...So instead I went to a place called "The Creative Crossiant" and got a Turkey Sandwich and Fruit cup.  I paid 3 times as much as I would at McDonalds but I figured healthier food cost more right?  Sadly, this was the worse food I have ever eaten. The roll was so bad that I ended opening the sandwich and just eating the turkey off the sandwich and the fruit cup consisted of the mushiest overripe nasty tasting fruit I have ever had in my life.  If you are ever in the the LAX airport and are thinking about eating avoid the "The Creative Crossiant"  RUN do not walk to another place to eat....Luckily the turkey from the sandwich was enough to hold me over.  I slept on the flight and just got home.  I had a small portion of left over  mash potatoes...I know not the healthiest  but my stomach needed something and I really have not eaten much today and there are not alot choices this late at night.  Tomorrow is my first weigh in, so tomorrow I will posting what the scale says....See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment