Thursday, November 22, 2012

So much to be thankful for...

I really truly have so much to be thankful for this year.  F and I have good jobs and are weathering the financial downturn.  C is a healthy, happy, beautiful, athletic, and intelligent girl who is growing up so fast it scares me.  I am most thankful that she is healthy though, I pray for anyone that today is stuggling with a sick child.  I know that C getting very sick is my worst nightmare.  I am thankful for F, he keeps me sane and loves me for me and that seems so rare these days.  I am thankful for my friends near and far. I miss my friends in Virginia and Michigan a lot, but they are still in my heart.  They support me and lift me up when I am down on myself.  So thank you M, K, C, L, P, S, H and  ok I would have to list almost the whole alphabet twice to cover every one....You now who you and that I MISS YOU!!!! I am thankful that I have such a great extended family including my brother, my father, my wonderful in-laws, my nieces and nephews including the one that is one the way, all of my uncles and aunts and cousins, and my two beautiful grandmothers. I wish we lived closer to each other so we could see each other more often, but whether near or far you are in my heart and my life would not be the same with out you!!!

Most of all, I am thankful that I come into this Thanksgiving a healthier me.  A year ago I was so far from healthy that it is scary.  I was still over 400 pounds and life was a struggle.  This year I am 174 pounds lighter and have a new attitude!  I am thankful for yoga and the change that brought to my life both inside and out. So thank you Namaste Yoga, I owe you my life, you and your instructors help me every day to achieve new goals and find my center!!   I am thankful that I am healthy enough to train for a 5K mud run!!! 

This holiday used to be about eating until my stomach was so full it hurt and then waiting an hour and eating more.  Now this holiday is about looking around my world and realizing that food is about fueling my body not about filling a hole in my soul!!  I will have some turkey and some side dishes, but I will be feeding my body and then I plan on taking a run/power walk. 

I am thankful for this blog and everyone that reads it.  This blog have given me a forum to express those feelings that tore at my soul and led to bad habits.  Your comments mean so much to me.  I pray that maybe some one who is as overweight as I was reads this blog and realizes that if Crystal Can Do It, then so can they!!  It is possible! You can do it too.  I am not a super woman, just a motivated one. 

So Happy Thanksgiving to all my friends and family!!

Take care and talk to you later!!!

1 comment:

  1. Crystal, we are all soooo thankful to have you as part of our community! :)

    ReplyDelete