Wednesday, October 3, 2012

I sweated and I mean sweated to the oldies and the newies!!!

I went to the Richard Simmons Aerobics class today with some girls from work and I am going share the total expereince with you.  P and I arrived at the studio and the first thing you notice is the signs everywhere that cell phones and recording devices are not allowed in the studio.  I filled out the new student paperwork and paid my $12 dollars to take the class.  I, then, took my cell phone out to the car and went back to class.  We were warming up and in walks  Richard Simmons and goes around and kisses and greets each person in the room.  When he got to me my co-workers tell him about me losing so much weight and he hugs me.   Class begins and if you thought he was that sweet guys you see in the videos, you would be slightly shocked...because for as sweet as he is, he swears like a sailor and flirts outrageously with the guys in the class.  If you are not trying he will call you out and make sure that you are trying.  He told us about his new DVD that he is working on and how he got some songs and also wrote songs....he played one of the songs that he wrote.  I was sweating about 5 minutes into the class.  I was wearing my "hot pants"  and literally at the end of the class my the top of my tennis shoes were saoking wet from sweat from my legs. 

About half way through the class we formed a circle and in the wide open middle he went around and pulled people out of the crowd of 40 and they had to come to middle and perform the moves with Richard in the middle of the class.  Yes!!  Yours truly, the girl that just wrote how she does not feel comfortable being the center of attention, got called to the middle and there is no refusing!!  I kept up with him and got a round of applause when my segment was over.  He calls almost every guy in the class into the middle where he makes them take off their shirts.   We then move into the cool down section of the workout.  After the aeorbic part is over we had a 10 minute upper body toning session with weights.  After the toming we had 10 minutes of mat work doing crunches, oblique crunches, and planks to work the core muscles. 

After class is over we are invited to go get our cameras and come back and take pictures with him.  Yes I got a couple of pictures and then he asked me how I lost the weight and as usual the first question was if I had the surgery.  I told him that no I did it by changing my eating habits and exercising and his face changed as he told me that he expects to see my ass in his class every week.  I explained I was only in town every other week and he said that if my ass was in town then I better be in his class!!!  I was absolutely drenched in sweat from head to toe.  My "Hot Pants" were literally soaked as were my underwear.  I know TMI right? 

Food today was a No Fat No Sugar added Peach Blue Corn Muffin, lunch was Grilled Veggies, Dinner was a weight watcher meal, an avocado, and a tomato.  I made sure to hydrate myself and fell asleep!!

I did it...I went and overcame my anxiety!!  Aerobics has never been my favorite, but I guess I may be going to the class every other week to sweat my ass off....

BTW if you have ever wanted to be in a Sweating to the Oldies video, they are having auditions this weekend at his studio in LA....

Take care and talk to you later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment